PARTICIPATING IN ASSEMBLY MEETINGS DURING COVID-19
- • The Assembly has transitioned to a hybrid attendance of in-person and telephonic participation at all public meetings.
- • In person citizen attendance in the Mona Lisa Drexler Assembly Chambers is permitted. Telephonic or remote citizen participation continues to remain available.
- • 15 public seats are available in the Chambers. Once all 15 seats are occupied, additional citizens will be asked to socially distance in the lobby until a chair in the Chambers becomes available. The building doors will open 30 minutes prior to a meeting.
- • There is a one way traffic flow in the Chambers. Citizens are asked to observe posted signs and floor markings indicating traffic flow.
- • Social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet is required at the Juanita Helms Administration Center and in the Mona Lisa Drexler Assembly Chambers.
- • Face coverings or masks are required at the Juanita Helms Administration Center and in the Mona Lisa Drexler Assembly Chambers.
- • Sign up for telephonic participation remains available by completing the form on this webpage or by calling the Clerk's Office at 459-1401.
- • Sign up for in person participation is available by calling the Clerk's Office at 459-1401.
- • THESE PROCEDURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE OFTEN AND PRIOR TO ATTENDING AN ASSEMBLY MEETING OR WORKSESSION.
HOW TO LISTEN TO ASSEMBLY MEETINGS
There are 3 ways to listen to assembly meetings. 1) Zoom 2) FNSB Live Webcasts from the website fnsb.us 3) tune in to KUAC radio.
The Assembly is using Zoom to conduct its meetings. Citizens can listen via Zoom by clicking on the link below. This link will be updated routinely to reflect any upcoming meetings.
Meeting: Reconvened Regular Assembly Meeting, June 30, 2020 06:00 p.m.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Telephone: Dial 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 988 9958 3257
All Assembly Regular, Special, Finance Committee and Committee of Whole meetings are live streamed through FNSB Live Webcasts. Click here for information on how to stream from our webpage .
All Regular Assembly Meetings are broadcast on KUAC Radio 89.9 FM live at 7:00 p.m.
HOW TO OBTAIN AGENDAS, ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS
Assembly agendas and copies of all resolutions and ordinances remain available online at least 1 week prior to a meeting. Paper copies of agendas, ordinances and resolutions are available on meeting days at the front entrance of the JHAC or in the lobby if the facility is open to the public.
HOW TO PROVIDE TESTIMONY
Written testimony continues to be the easiest way to participate in meetings. Submit your comments by using the contact form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TELEPHONIC TESTIMONY DURING REGULAR AND SPECIAL ASSEMBLY MEETINGS
To sign up for telephonic testimony call the Borough Clerk's Office at (907) 459-1401 or complete the Sign-Up form for Telephonic Testimony below.
To complete the form, enter your first and last name, email address, phone number for the Clerk to call you during the meeting, and subject. Subjects are Citizens Comments A, Citizens Comments B; or the ordinance/resolution number, liquor license number, or marijuana license for public hearing item.
Note, as always, citizen comments are not available during Finance and Committee of the Whole worksessions. However, citizens are able to listen or attend these meetings in person.
IN PERSON TESTIMONY DURING REGULAR AND SPECIAL ASSEMBLY MEETINGS
To sign up for in person testimony call the Borough Clerk's Office at (907) 459-1401. After all citizens who have signed up are given an opportunity to speak, any citizen appearing in person who hasn't signed up will be given an opportunity to speak.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN TESTIFYING TELEPHONICALLY
Public testimony will be heard from citizens in the order in which they have signed up. The Clerk will call those citizens who have signed up to testify at the phone number provided when it is their turn to speak. Please note: If you do not answer the phone we will move to the next person on list. Once you are placed into the meeting the Presiding Officer will ask that you state your name, spell your last name, and provide your neighborhood or place of residence for the record, then your 3 minutes will begin.
Helpful Hints: You will be called by an out-of-state number. Once you answer, you will be asked to press the number 1 to join the meeting. If you are listening to the meeting on another device, turn it down or off when it is your turn to speak. Speak clearly and loudly. Wait to be called on by the Presiding Officer.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN TESTIFYING IN PERSON
Public testimony will be heard from citizens in the order in which they have signed up. The Chair of the meeting will call forward those citizens who have signed up to testify, whether telephonic or in person. Please note: Face masks and social distancing of at least 6 feet is required of those attending in person. There is a one way traffic flow in the Juanita Helms Administration Center and the Mona Lisa Drexler Assembly Chambers, as indicated by the floor markings. Please observe all floor markings and posted signs. Please review the mitigation plans posted on this webpage for more information. Building doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
CURRENT MEETING AGENDA
Click here to download a copy of the agenda for the June 30, Reconvened Regular Assembly Meeting.
After reviewing the agenda, complete one of the forms below to either sign up to testify or to submit written comments directly to the assembly.
When signing up to testify telephonically, indicate in the subject line either Citizen Comments A, Citizen Comments B, or a specific public hearing item.
Citizens Comments A: Citizen may speak on agenda items not scheduled for public hearing: Memorandums, Bid Awards, Unfinished Business, New Business Resolutions, Ordinance to be Referred and Ordinances to be Introduced and Advanced.
Citizens Comment B: Citizen may speak on any matter not appearing on the agenda.
Public Hearing: Liquor Licenses, Marijuana Licenses, Ordinances and Resolutions scheduled for public hearing, Item 13 Special Orders – Public Hearing.