FNSB GIS and Taxroll data can be obtained on USB thumb
drive or by download (via Dropbox). Indicate your preference on the data acquisition form.
Many FNSB GIS layers are available for free to load directly into your GIS software using Web Services (see section below).
Free Desktop GIS Viewers can view Web Services or downloaded data (see suggestions below).
FNSB GIS Data on USB Drive or by Download
|Item||USB Drive or Download?||General Public||Non-profit/ Journalist (1)||Public Agency/ Education (2)|
|Standard GIS Data Package (see Metadata for contents) ||Either||$150||$75||No charge|
|Imagery - Varied Datasets||Either||$250||$125||No charge|
|Imagery - 2012 Pictometry Mosaic||Either||$250||$125||No charge|
|Imagery - 2017 Pictometry Mosaic (3)||Customer Provided Storage*||$250||$125||No charge|
|Imagery - 2020 Pictometry Mosaic (4)||Customer Provided Storage*||$250||$125||No charge|
|LiDAR - 2010 LAS Point Data ||Either||$250||$125||No charge|
- (1) For use by Non-profit agency or professional journalist.
- (2) For use by Public government agency, or educational
institution includiing teachers, students or staff.
- (3) External storage device requires 300 GB.
- -an additional 800 GB is required for the ortho mosaic tiles.
- (4) External storage device requires 400 GB.
- -an additional 600 GB is required for the ortho mosaic tiles.
- (5) External storage device requires 5 TB.
Instructions for Customer Provided Storage
- Drop off a device meeting capacity requirements at the Fairbanks North Star Borough's security guard desk on the first floor of the building (907 Terminal St, Fairbanks AK)
- -a label on the device or the device package with the name and contact information
- -a completed Data Acquisition Form
- -if a payment is required for data distribution, please call the FNSB Community Planning Department at (907) 459-1260 to submit the payment over the phone
- Ship the device (meeting storage requirements), the completed Data Acquisition Form, the check or money order (if required), and a prepaid return shipping label to:
- Fairbanks North Star Borough
- Department of Community Planning
- 907 Terminal Street
- Fairbanks, AK 99701
Copying the data may take up to a week
- Due to demand and the size of the data that is being copied to the storage device, it may take a week for data to be copied and ready for pick-up. You will be notified when it is ready for pick-up.